Massive Fire Engulfs Las Vegas Apartments: Priceless Online Reactions
Well, it’s official. The first massive fire has happened at a Las Vegas apartment complex on Tuesday evening.
Around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Las Vegas residents could see smoke billowing from the southwest portion of the valley. The smoke ended up being from a massive fire that was gorging a developing apartment building located at 8030 W. Maule Ave.
It’s unclear what the cause of the fire is, according to multiple media outlets. However, there’s no salvaging of the building due to the fire’s complete destruction of it. Assistant Fire Chief Brian O’Neil told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that, “there’s no saving it.”
It was nearly a spectacle with social media flooding with images of the huge fire eating away at the developing apartment building. People pulled over to watch the huge blaze. The apartment building was meant to hold 614 family units and 2,500 of square foot retail space, according to Tru Development Co., the development company behind this building.
According to a firefighter, who was interviewed by Fox 5, an apartment building in the midst of its construction is especially hazardous if it catches on fire. This is because an apartment building in the middle of its construction lacks fire-repellent material like stucco and gypsum boards. So, the fire can spread in uncontrollable ways, which is basically what happened.
More than 75 Clark County Department Firefighters were sent to battle the blaze, according to Fox 5.
The fire ripped through the building throughout Tuesday afternoon and continued until Wednesday morning. An update from Fox 5 states that fire fighters expect the building to smoke and smolder for days.
This fire was serious, and one fire fighter was sent to the hospital due to smoke inhalation, 8 news Now states. But, social media became plastered with memes, reactions and comical comments from Las Vegas residents.
The building is now a skeleton of its former self. Scroll down below to see the reactions and the post-fire pictures from the incident. Stay safe, everyone! It’s fire season.
Locals were quick to seize the opportunity. pic.twitter.com/ujN6Lp1noM— Las Vegas Issues (@VegasIssues) June 21, 2023
The billboards in Las Vegas are getting too real. pic.twitter.com/joD2Z0aM87— Las Vegas Issues (@VegasIssues) June 21, 2023
Other Content You May Enjoy:
See This Massive Fire Unfold Outside Of A Vegas Walmart