This happened in England, but this is also a warning to everyone else around the world! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SUNGLASSES ON YOUR CAR DASHBOARD! Yes, I text yelled it! Why?
A woman’s car in England over the weekend went up in flames because she did just that. On May 27th, the hottest recorded day of the year so far for them, she left her sunglasses on her dashboard. The sun hit her sunglasses and it caused a heated focal point. It got so hot, it burned a huge hole in her windshield. It also caused her dashboard and steering wheel on fire!
The Nottinghamshire Fire Department responded to the fire. They said “Make sure you keep reflective objects out of direct sunlight.”
With the summer heart here, this is very possible anywhere, especially here in Las Vegas, where the sun is constantly out and the heat reaches over 100 degrees! If it can happen in England, imagine how much faster it could happen here in Vegas.
So a word to the wise, keep ALL reflective items off your dashboard. Maybe even hide them under seats or in a center console. It doesn’t need to be on your dash to have sun hit it. Maybe even tint your car to avoid sun rays coming in from different points on the car.
We have more on this story and more in today’s edition of a Few Things You Should Know!
Link Up With Us On Social Media!
State Of Emergency In Nevada Due To Significant Snowmelt Flooding