The Las Vegas airport is beginning a project to increase the capacity and convenience of customer parking for Terminal 1.
According to airport officials, this is an effort to enhance the customer experience as record volumes of passengers continue to travel through the Las Vegas airport, and parking options are literally bursting at the seams.
Once the project is complete, more than 1,500 additional customer parking spaces will be within reach of Terminal 1.
Here’s the lowdown
- Terminal 1 Long-Term Garage: More than 500 additional covered parking spaces
- New Terminal 1 Economy Lot: Approximately 1,000 parking spaces
The Zero Level (ground floor) of the Terminal 1 parking garage was previously used as employee parking at Harry Reid. This project has now dumped employee parking into the existing Terminal 1 Economy Lot, creating more long-term parking in the garage, making the adjacent surface lot the new Terminal 1 Economy Lot.
Customers using the Terminal 1 Long-Term garage shouldn’t experience problems to their normal parking routines during the renovation of the Zero Level and surface lot.
If you decide to park at the existing Economy Lot, you’re going to notice quite an increase in traffic as employees get used to their newly designated lot. This will also mean fewer parking spaces in this location.
So – if you plan on parking at Harry Reid International Airport here are some tips:
- Allow additional time to find a parking space.
- Consider heading directly to the Terminal 3 Long-Term Garage
- Factor in busier roads around the airport, because there’s also ongoing freeway construction.
- Wish upon a star, carry crystals, click your heels – I mean, it can’t hurt.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kklz963
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kklz963/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kklz963/