- We live in Las Vegas,so we should at least know the basics of ordering drinks, and cocktailing etiquette.
Here’s something to help you out next time you hit up happy hour. Someone asked bartenders to name those annoying things customers do. Here are a few things bartenders hate – read up – because you’ll probably get better service.
1. When you open and close your tab a million times. Be honest – you know you’re not just having one.
2. When you order a drink, wait for them to make it, and then tack on more. Like, “Can I have a martini?” And when they hand it to you, “Also, four Long Islands.” Just put your whole order in at once.
3. When you ask for “just a little ice” in your drink and think it means more booze. Tacky…
4. When you think the bartender is into you. It’s their job to be nice, maybe even a little flirty. I mean, remember that stripper that was totally into you? Exactly…
5. When you ask what beers they have, and they list 27 different options . . . then you say, “Bud Light’s fine.” Dear God – branch out! Try a local IPA they were nice enough to tell you about!
6. When you walk in five minutes before they close, or see chairs on tables and ask, “Can I still get a drink?”
7. When you ask for a weird off-the-wall drink, and act surprised when they’ve never heard of it before.
8. When you try to be “helpful” by wadding up napkins and putting them inside your empty glass. We’ve all done it… Now they have to dig in there and get them out.
9. When you’re drunk at the end of the night, and you look at your receipt, and act like, “Wait, this can’t be right!!”