Yes, we’re stuck inside this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still do St. Patrick’s Day with our family and close friends!
I LOVE this list of food and activities for today:
- Make a St. Patrick’s Day Feast – though I’m sure many of us don’t have Corned Beef and Cabbage on hand (if you do, congrats. #winning). If not, you can still celebrate and stay home. Just find anything in your fridge or cupboard that is green, and make up a meal. Frozen broccoli? Chop it up and use it as a garnish on your chicken or steak. Green beans? Boom. Your vegetable is done. Have ingredients for pesto sauce? There you go! Get creative and make a plate full of green. Your family will appreciate the St. Patrick’s Day spirit and their spirits will get elevated as well.
- Don’t forget dessert – same thing goes. Anything dessert-related that is green is fair game. Mint ice cream, homemade frosting with green food coloring, etc. This list from Central Florida Lifestyle has a great idea for a pudding cup that can be for kids or adapted for adults.
- St. Patrick’s Day Movie Marathon – Leap Year is the one suggested on this list. But I say anything that’s got an Irish element is fair game. Once, Far and Away, The Boondock Saints, P.S. I Love You, The Departed, Finian’s Rainbow, Darby O’Gill and The Little People, The Luck of the Irish is a cute movie for the teens and it’s on Disney+!
- Get on the Tube and learn an Irish Dance with your kids. This is also a fun thing to do with adults after a few Guinnesses. 😉 Try this one from the Central Florida Lifestyle list:
5. For the adults: FaceTime your extended family and friends and play an Irish drink drinking game!
6. St. Patty’s Scavenger Hunt – LOVE this idea for the little ones. Of course, it can be adapted for big kids with some imagination. These printable treasure hunt sheets and a treat or toy at the end is all you need!
7. St. Patty’s Game Night – Gather the family around the table or living room (and again, FaceTime works for game-playing) and rock this Irish trivia game. OR, take literally ANY game in your house and make it Irish by incorporating Irish accents or wearing Irish garb or make up.
Whatever you do today, HAVE FUN! Yes, things everywhere are being cancelled, but St. Patrick’s Day isn’t, so make it your own. 🙂
Get the whole list from Central Florida Lifestyle here.