Primary Menu

Celebrity News

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JULY 26: Professional wrestler Ric Flair of 'ESPN's 30 for 30: "Nature Boy"' speaks onstage during the ESPN portion of the 2017 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on July 26, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

UPDATE 5/16/2019 10:00 PM ET: Ric Flair‘s wife, Wendy Barlow, issued the following statement to TMZ Sports regarding Flair’s hospital visit:

“Due to ongoing health complications, Ric was taken to the hospital and is expected to undergo a procedure tomorrow morning, after which he expects to fully recover.”

UPDATE 5/16/2019 1:10 PM ET: Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful.com shared the following Twitter update on the status of Ric Flair:

“Conrad Thompson [Starrcast promoter and Flair’s son-in-law] says the Ric Flair situation ‘is not as grave or serious’ as TMZ makes it out, and says that this was a planned procedure that Ric Flair wanted to have before Las Vegas. He stated that Flair and the family knew the procedure was coming and he could have had it before or after Vegas, and wanted to feel good for Starrcast.”

Sapp further tweeted this quote attributed to Thompson: “Ric was not worried about this. Ric did not think this was going to be reported or on TMZ. It’s all systems go. The Roast of Ric Flair is still happening.”

 

ORIGINAL STORY
Wrestling legend Ric Flair was reportedly rushed to the hospital due to a “medical emergency.”

First reported by TMZ Sports, Flair was taken to an Atlanta area emergency room Thursday morning (May 16) for an undisclosed reason. Sources tell TMZ Sports that the emergency is “very serious.” A statement on Flair’s health has yet to be released.

Flair had a very serious medical scare in 2017 when he suffered a ruptured intestine that resulted in being put into a medically induced coma for 11 days.

Flair is currently scheduled to take part in “The Roast of Ric Flair” at the Starrcast II wrestling convention in Las Vegas on May 24 leading up to the All Elite Wrestling pay-per-view event “Double or Nothing” on May 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. So far, nothing has been released regarding this event.

This story is developing…

Erica Banas is rock/classic rock news blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.